NC 4-H Horse Program Achievement Awards
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
What is the NC 4-H Horse Program Achievement Award?
- The NC 4-H Horse Program Achievement Award is an annual application/submission of accomplishments within 4-H, with a specific focus on horse program achievements that is cumulative beginning with the applicant’s first year in the horse program.
- Award levels are on a points-based system that groups like activities completed based on the level of involvement and ranks them. (See the application form for specifics on activities/points/levels).
- There are 4 levels of accomplishment that youth can apply to earn annually. Youth can potentially earn more than level (especially the first year they apply).
- Bronze: 150 points, bronze patch
- Silver: 300 points, silver patch
- Gold: 450 points, gold patch
- Emerald: 700 points, embroidered jacket
Who can apply for the NC 4-H Horse Program Achievement Award?
- Any 4-H’er who participates in the 4-H horse program, age 8 and older.
- No minimum requirement for years of participation.
- 4-H’ers who have aged out can submit an application the year immediately following their age-out year.
Why apply for the NC 4-H Horse Program Achievement Awards?
- This program incentivizes 4-H horse program members to branch out and to experience new activities and leadership roles.
- It recognizes 4-H horse program participants at all levels for involvement in leadership and growth activities.
- The program honors 4-H horse program participants who have been truly extraordinary throughout their program participation.
How do you apply for an NC 4-H Horse Program Achievement Award?
- The application form can be completed using Google Sheets, Excel, or Typable PDF (see links below).
- The first time an application is filled out, the applicant can go back in time (retroactive) to the beginning of their 4-H career.
- Applications are updated annually and are only submitted when eligible for an award/level.
- Applications must be signed by the 4-H leader and 4-H agent
When do you apply for an NC 4-H Horse Program Achievement Award?
- Applications are due March 1 (for activities that took place the year prior and earlier).
- Awards will be presented at the State 4-H Horse Show in July. If a youth is not present, their award will be mailed to them.
Application Forms- DUE MARCH 1
2023 NC 4-H Horse Program Achievement Application Typable PDF (Be sure to save the PDF file to your device prior to typing/editing, otherwise, your changes might not be saved.)
Completed and signed application forms can be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications can also be mailed to NC State Extension Horse Husbandry, Box 7621 NC State University, Raleigh, NC 27695-7621
If you have questions, feel free to send a message to Lori Stroud or Alaina Cross: