Craft Horse Contest
The purpose of the Craft Horse Contest is to provide an educational opportunity for participants to exhibit their craft skills pertaining to the horse project and to encourage participants to explore and develop economic alternatives for themselves and their horse.
Woodworking and craft items suitable for a horse project, including accessories for the horse, rider and facilities (for example, saddle trees, bridle holders, stall signs, blanket holders, etc.)
Please thoroughly read the Craft Horse Contest section in the NC 4-H Horse Program Rulebook (pages 179-193) for additional information on contest rules, regulations, etc.
Due to the cancellation of the 2020 NC State 4-H Horse Show, the entry and project submission process has been altered to make contest entry submission completely electronic.
Projects must be digitally submitted no later than 11:59 p.m., July 1, 2020. There is no entry fee for any division.
The sewing contest is temporarily suspended this year due to the nature of evaluation, we feel that we evaluate this division well via virtual submission.
Please be sure to consult the modified rules referenced below.
HOW TO ENTER & SUBMIT PROJECTS
- Complete the Google Entry form (there is no entry fee): https://forms.gle/eyQ6iaXvrWxWLA448
- How to submit Projects (due date for digital uploads is July 1, 2020):
Please email your photos of your project(s) to email@example.com using “NC 4-H Artistic Expression Entry” as your subject. Include the following entry information with your email:
- Name of 4-H’er
- 4-H County
- Entry Division: Cloverbud (Ages 5-7), Junior Division (Ages 8-13) OR Senior Division (Ages 14-18)
- Category: Drawing, Painting, Craft, Poster, Photography, Digitally Enhanced Photography
- Picture File Naming: Submit everything as a JPEG or PNG file
Save file as: “Last Name, First Name, Age Division Contest” – Example “Stroud, Landon, Cloverbud Craft”