2019 Rules and Regulations Manual and Eligibility Card Instructions
The NC 4-H Horse Program Rules and Regulations Manual has been updated and reflects all the new rules and updates for the 2019 season. If you plan to show or enter any educational contests, please be sure to review all the rules for your particular division or contest. Rule changes and additions are highlighted yellow for your convenience. The hunter division of the state and qualifying shows has undergone significant revision. Read a summary of these changes.
The state Hippology and Horse Judging contests have a new Rookie Division for first-time competitors. Read a summary description of these new divisions.
The eligibility card procedure has been modified for 2019. Please consult your county Extension agent to be sure that you are meeting all the requirements in order to receive your card. Read below for a summary of the steps that need to be followed.
PLEASE NOTE: There is not a specific deadline for completion of the request form.
However, youth need to be sure to have all paperwork (including eligibility cards)
completed in time to meet entry deadlines for their selected qualifying show.
2019 NC 4-H Horse Program Eligibility Card Procedure
Blank eligibility cards will no longer be available. Unfortunately, we have had issues with forgery and dishonesty and we can no longer continue using our previous system. Please follow the below steps to request an eligibility card for any 4-Her wishing to show a project animal at a qualifying horse show.
- Any 4-Her (or parent) wishing to exhibit a project animal at a qualifying horse show must submit an Eligibility Card Request Form. This is a form to be completed online that will ask for the same information that is generally on an eligibility card (horse and rider info, division, etc.) and will not require any signatures yet. The pony measurement section will be completed by a certified measurer at the qualifying show.
- A 4-Her MUST DECLARE WHICH QUALIFYING SHOW THEY INTEND TO SHOW AT ON THIS ELECTRONIC FORM. This qualifying show cannot be changed once completed unless there is a unique circumstance that the Advisory Council Executive Committee chooses to allow.
- After this form is completed, an eligibility card will be generated by the State Office and will be sent to your county agent for review.
- County agents will print the completed cards and arrange distribution to the leaders of the youth that have met county requirements for eligibility.
- Once the printed card is in the possession of the 4-Her/leader, they are responsible for making sure that the card is signed by the parent/guardian, volunteer leader, and extension agent in order for the card to be valid.